Our homes are very special places. they are where we create memories, where we find privacy and safety. They are usually our biggest asset, investment and one of the best means of building wealth. Our first home is not usually our long term or last property because our needs change as the years go by. Many have the desire to live, work, shop and play nearby as well as have the ability to use public transportation – i.e. the Walk Score. Some are either growing their family or are having ourside family members move in and so are in need of additional square footage. Some descide to sell when they need to downsize, because their children have grown up and are no longer living at home. the list goes on and on…
Whatever your reason, it’s a big decision and it will go much smoother with proper planning and guidance. It’s my job to streamline the home selling process for you, ensuring everything is completed quickly and as efficiently as possible. Every seller, seller motivation an property are unique. Below is a birds eye view of my seller process, I pull from this list and beyond to customize a plan catered to you and your property.
- View your property, create a Comparative Market Analysis, discuss the best pricing position and strategy
- Prepare and complete the listing agreement
- We sit together when you complete the Seller Property Disclosures to ensure all your questions are answered
- Recommend improvements to maximize your property’s value
- Schedule a stager to help your property present in it’s very best way
- Schedule my photographer to have professional photos and tour taken
- Create your marketing suite that includes full color brochures, flyers, postcards, and more
- Install the For Sale sign and directionals to bring potential buyers to your property
- Enter your property in the MLS as well as hundreds of property search sites as well as luxury and specialty sites to attract the international buyer
- Include your property in our Real Estate Book, print and online edition
- Spotlight your property as “Featured Property” on Zillow, Trulia, etc.
- Notify top local brokers of new listing
- Schedule a private Broker Tour
- Send out Open House post cards to your 200-300 neighbors
- Schedule and hold Open House
- Answer and/or return the calls of all interested parties
- Arrange showings for other brokers and follow up with them to obtain feedback
- Once an offer is received and mutually accepted, well then it gets real busy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there things we should do to our home to help ensure the maximum price?
Yes. There is a benefit to making sure your home looks it’s best prior to offering it for sale. There are also small remodeling jobs that will pay off at resale. I will review specific improvements that will increase your homes marketability and value. This is for certain, I do not want you to make improvements that will not receive a return on your investment. So, please before you make any repairs/edits to the home, let’s have a conversation.
How often will you advertise our property?
Your home is sold twice! It must be first sold to brokers, then again to their buyers. Be assured, your property is marketed to potential buyers 24 hours a day and 7 days a week on multiple platforms. Your customized marketing plan will reach the types of buyers most likely to purchase your home. This is done by maximizing the power of the internet in tandem with traditional methods including phone calls and face to face with brokers, phone calls to our data base of buyers, face to face with buyers, magazine ads, brochures, flyers, yard signs and direct mail.
What if another broker tells us they can get more for our property?
Some brokers will quote a higher listing price, just to get your business. Unless that broker plans on buying it themselves at that price, remember, an over-priced property will not sell. when you choose to work with me, a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) is delivered to you and we discuss it prior to establishing a list price. The properties we review in the CMA are going to be the same properties an appraiser will use to establish the lender approved purchase price.
Will you be present at all showings?
At Open Houses I will be present. For showings, potential buyers will bring their own broker to see your home. Most buyers prefer to have only their broker there when viewing a property. If a buyer calls me to view the home, and they are not represented, I will ensure they get a private tour.
Do we have any responsibilities during the marketing of our property?
Your primary job during the sale of your property is to keep it neat, clean and ready for showings and Open House. a large part of a home’s appeal involves staging, which includes everything from furniture placement to home fragrance. You will receive easy tips and quick fixes to maximize your home’s appeal.
What happens when we get an offer?
Together we will consider each offer and negotiate the best agreement. Once you’ve accepted an offer, I provide guidance and protection throughout the entire closing process ensuring everything proceeds smoothly. I am will you every step of the way, even beyond closing.